Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Five Golden Assignments - 1/5

For my Professional Selling class we have to complete Five Golden Assignments.

The Five Golden Assignments, shouldn't just be for class, but something we have to have set for our everyday lives. The assignments are:

1. Set Goals
  • Short-term goals
  • Long-term goals 
  • Professional goals 
  • Personal goals 
  • Share them, if you like
2. Practice listening
  • Make a vow to listen as much as you talk 
  • Attempt to spend 2/3 of the time listening to people, 1/3 of the time talking to people 
3. Say something nice to at least one person a day - "AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY"

4. Tell someone you love that you love them.
  • You actualy have to love the person 
  • Say the words "I love you"
5. At the end of each day, tell yourself something you did today of which you are proud.

The assignments would be something to use to self reflect. I know I may want to practice #2 more because to be a great orator, you have to be a great listener. So hopefully, following these five golden assignments would help in the long run in life.

So to start off with my first assignments, I need to set goals for myself.

  • My short term goal is to complete my work and survive for the rest of this summer quarter. I thought everything was going to be a breeze when I decided to take classes, but I really had to watch myself and be on top of my work. I have come to realize that if I don't write anything down, it will not be done. So, I try to keep a planner with things to do.  I use it for school and work. 
  • My long term goal is after I complete my undergraduate degree, I want to continue and pursue a master's degree. Get a master's degree is something that I always find to be a necessity, not an option. I feel it's important for me to continue with my education, and learn more everyday.
  • My professional goal is to keep on moving up the ladder wherever I decide to work. I feel that I wouldn't be satisfied until I've reached to a position where I could say "I've made it." I would love to be the Public Relations Director at a great company in New York City (my hometown) and live in a fabulous apartment or brownstone in Brooklyn, or a condominium in Midtown Manhattan. I know to attain those things, I have to work hard.
  • My personal goal is to get up and start running again. I've always been a person involved in some time of physical training and fitness. Ever since I've been in college, I feel that I've been slacking on that, which has affected the way I function. I need to get back on track, literally.

I know my goals are attainable, but it's for me to go out and do it. I hope you go out and achieve your goals. Inspire others.


"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
Albert Einstein 

 "Set your goals high, and don't stop till you get there."
Bo Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment