Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Remaining Golden Assignments - 2/5

Looking at the rest of the golden assignments I had left, I saw I still had to:

Practice listening

  • Make a vow to listen as much as you talk 
  • Attempt to spend 2/3 of the time listening to people, 1/3 of the time talking to people 
At the end of each day, tell yourself something you did today of which you are proud.

I thought that the assignment to practice listening would be a challenge for me because I'm a person that loves to talk. I don't know if I like hearing my own voice, but I'm so focused on what I'm about to say next, I may block out what another person is saying. I know... that's not good, but it's a process. I'm still working on it and I think this is something I have to continue practicing. I've realized that by listening more and talking less helped a lot of conversations I would have. I ask better questions, showed more interest in what somebody is saying. Not that I was never interested in what people have to say, but I tend to get to excited to share my opinion especially if the topic make me hype.

The last assignment I had to do was tell myself something I did today of which I'm proud of. Well, I didn't exactly record everything I was proud of every single day, I was proud to finish up my day at work each day. I was proud of thinking about my future goals and what I want to do. Today, I'm proud of finishing up all of my assignments I had left for this summer quarter.

This was the first time I've taken any classes during the summer. I really had to get it together, because usually summer mode means hardly doing anything for the day. This summer I decided to work full time and still be a full time student. I commend all of the students that usually do this every day. It's not easy, but you have to do it.

Right now I just appreciate being a college student.

No comments:

Post a Comment